I took a four hour bus ride from Maryland to New York City recently and had a chance to listen and take notes on one of the best audio seminars I’ve ever purchased. Secrets of Self Made Millionaires is a seminar/audiobook by Brian Tracy that is sold on iTunes for $3.95. This seminar is well worth the small amount you have to pay because it has a wealth of information that is applicable to everyone out there who strives to attain millionaire status.
Yesterday was the first time that I had a chance to outline all of the secrets he unveiled. I’m confident that writing them down and reading them on a regular basis can make a tremendous positive impact on those who have an interest in his message. If these secrets seem as if they could do you some good, print them out and try reviewing them in the morning before you get started on your day. Here they go:
1) Dream Big Dreams – Practice idealization and imagine your perfect life. What would this life look like?
2) Do What You Love to do – Find a way to make a living doing it.
3) Commit to Excellence – All people who are successful are excellent at what they do. Strive to be in the top 10% of your field; that’s where all of the money is.
4) Develop Your Unique Talents and Abilities – What are you good at? Take note of what has been most responsible for your success in the past.
5) See Yourself as Self Employed – Never think that you work for anyone but yourself.
6) Develop a Clear Sense of Direction – You have to know what it is you want in every aspect of your life. Determine the price you are going to have to pay for these ‘wants’ and resolve to pay that price.
7) Refuse to Consider the Possibility of Failure – Your fear of failure functions as an obstacle in the way of your success. Look into every failure for something good and seek the lesson in your failures. Never believe that anything you’ve done is failure, simply treat your failures as feedback.
8) Dedicate Yourself to Lifelong Learning – Always work to upgrade your knowledge and skills. Three important things you can do to further your learning are: Reading 30-60 minutes in your field everyday, Taking every course you possibly can, and listening to audio programs in your car.
9) Develop a Workaholic Mentality – Start working harder, better, and smarter. Working 40 hours per week yields survival; every hour your work above 40 is an investment in yourself. The average top executive and self made millionaire works 59 hours per week.
10) Get Around the Right People – We often unknowingly mimic the attitudes and tendencies of those with whom we habitually associate, so make sure you are surrounding yourself with the right people.
11) Be Prepared to Climb from Peak to Peak – Life is two steps forward and one step back, so be sure to prepare and protect yourself for that step back. You’re going to be knocked down over and over again but you have to make it a point to bounce, not break.
12) Become an Unshakable Optimist – Seek the valuable lesson in everything.
13) Develop Qualities of Courage and Persistence – Focus on developing two types of courage: the courage to begin/launch, and the courage to endure/persist.
14) Develop the Quality of Self Discipline – Persistence is self-discipline. Work on making yourself do what you should do when you should do it, whether you feel like it or not.
So go out into the world and mold yourself into the millionaire that you deserve to be. You don’t deserve any less.